Friday, April 24:
- 1-6pm – Sneak Preview & Silent Auction Begins
Saturday, April 25th:
- 10:00am – Free Seminar – Master Gardener, Glenn Erickson, “Planters that Pop!”
- 11:00am – Free Seminar – “Compost Happens”
- 5:00-6:00pm – Meet the Artists Reception and Silent Auction.
- 6:00pm – Live Auction
- 8:00pm – Stay, visit, dance…
You know Friends of RiverFront. The same folks that bring us…
- - Plein Air – Edge of the rock painting events (workshops, exhibits and more)
- - Music at Harry’s Place – Friday evenings, outdoors in the pavilion throughout the summer
- - Dancing at Harry’s Place – Monday evenings, outdoors in the pavilian through the summer
- - Saturdays in the Park – Varied community events and entertainment to bring folks together
- - Movies in the Park – Big screen movies outdoors along the riverfront
…along with countless hours of volunteer time and effort planting and maintaining the park’s gardens for all of us to enjoy.
Bloom is their fund-raiser auction to support Beloit riverfront beautification projects.
Nature lovers, Artists, Artisans, and crafters are invited to participate by designing or building garden inspired art.
- - Original Nature Inspired Art: Paintings, Quilts, Jewelry
- - Original Garden Art: Bench, Trellis, Chimes, Pots
- - Original Designed/Built Birdhouses and Feeders
- - Decorated Flower boxes, Birdhouses, Swings
Bloom is a fund-raiser to support Beloit RiverFront beautification projects. Entries are considered a donation to Friends of RiverFront and will be auctioned at a special event April 25, 2009.
Starting April 1, entries will be received Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at The Pump House – Friends of Riverfront – 1003 Pleasant Street, Beloit, WI 53511
Tuesday, April 21 will be the last day that entries will be accepted. ~Friends Of Riverfront
Bloom is a great event, a lot of fun and helps make all the things we enjoy down at the riverfront possible.
Well, there’s that and they’re also a wonderful bunch of folks. So create and donate something for the auction and/or come on out for the auction as well.
Hope to see you there.
This and other Friends of Riverfront events in the NPA Calendar.
More about Friends of RiverFront
Help send the
Beloit Memorial High School Jazz Band
to New York City
for the 14th Annual
Jazz Competition and Festival
Bushel and Peck’s Local Market
328 State St., Beloit
Sunday, March 29, 2009
11:00am – 2:00 pm
20% of your jazz brunch receipt
will be donated to the
BMHS Jazz Band New York fund!
With the attached flier or the Stateline News Ad.
Donations can be made to BMHS Band Boosters
and sent to 3145 Park Ave., Beloit, WI 53511
Here they are performing weeks ago down in New Orleans.
This is a big deal IMO. More about the BMHS Jazz Band here.
And it’s been added to the NPA calendar of events
Wine, Dine & Twist Your Spine!
A fundraising event for the Beloit Fine Arts Incubator.
- Saturday January 17th. 2009
- 6:00 PM to Midnight
- In the new Beloit College Science Hall
- $75 per person ($35/person is a tax deductible gift)
Live music by the Stateline Playboys, a significant collection of original works and rare artist’s proofs (did someone say Picasso, Dali, Chagall?).
And for the truly indulged we encourage to come dressed as your favorite artist or work of art. The BFAI staff is already working on their costumes.
Dinner catered by Peter Kraemer of Beloit College, dancing to the Stateline Playboys, an exceptional fine art exhibit, costumes (optional), silent auction, and more. Help support the arts, join us for the fun and an evening you won’t forget.
For tickets and information please contact Jerry or Connie Sveum at 608-362-5903. Reserve your place by Jan. 3 2009. Hurry, space is limited.
The Beloit Fine Arts Incubator is a 501c3 organization run entirely by volunteers. It’s mission is to provide resources to help emerging artists, offer community education and cultural events, and expand on the “Arts Center” theme. Any financial or volunteer support is always welcome.
$20. Proceeds benefit the Beloit Janesville Symphony.
Enjoy the Spirit of the season. All homes feature beautiful holiday decor and live music!
More Pics & Details:
A fundraiser for the Horace White Park. In it’s second year and sponsored by the neighbors on Church Street and friends.
After cleaning out over a hundred pumpkins they were stenciled, carved and put on display in Horace White Park for sale. These neighbors are actively involved in supporting the ongoing improvements to the oldest city park in Beloit. Proceeds will go to the purchase of either a park bench or a tree.
Next year we would invite you to join us. Have to tell you it was a great time. The level of creativity on many of the pumpkins was amazing. Plans for next year’s event are already being discussed. I’d lobby for having it judged. I think the pumpkins were that cool.
Volunteers carving the pumpkins