See what’s going on in the Historic District or right next door and within walking distance.
The Beloit NPA Calendar of Events
Just some of the things available to neighbors living in and around Beloit’s Historic District that are within walking distance.
- - Beloit College
- - Beloit International Film Festival
- - Downtown (shops, dining, live music etc.)
- - Riverfest
- - Friends of Riverfront
- Music at Harry’s Place
- Dancing at Harry’s Place
- Movies in the Park
- Plein Aire
- - Beloit – Janesville Symphony
- - Beloit Fine Arts Incubator
- - Kids Fun and Drama – Music & Acting for kids
- - City Parades
- - Society for Learning Unlimited – SLU
- - Museums
- Logan Museum
- Wright Museum
- - Municipal Building & city services
Friday, April 24:
- 1-6pm – Sneak Preview & Silent Auction Begins
Saturday, April 25th:
- 10:00am – Free Seminar – Master Gardener, Glenn Erickson, “Planters that Pop!”
- 11:00am – Free Seminar – “Compost Happens”
- 5:00-6:00pm – Meet the Artists Reception and Silent Auction.
- 6:00pm – Live Auction
- 8:00pm – Stay, visit, dance…
You know Friends of RiverFront. The same folks that bring us…
- - Plein Air – Edge of the rock painting events (workshops, exhibits and more)
- - Music at Harry’s Place – Friday evenings, outdoors in the pavilion throughout the summer
- - Dancing at Harry’s Place – Monday evenings, outdoors in the pavilian through the summer
- - Saturdays in the Park – Varied community events and entertainment to bring folks together
- - Movies in the Park – Big screen movies outdoors along the riverfront
…along with countless hours of volunteer time and effort planting and maintaining the park’s gardens for all of us to enjoy.
Bloom is their fund-raiser auction to support Beloit riverfront beautification projects.
Nature lovers, Artists, Artisans, and crafters are invited to participate by designing or building garden inspired art.
- - Original Nature Inspired Art: Paintings, Quilts, Jewelry
- - Original Garden Art: Bench, Trellis, Chimes, Pots
- - Original Designed/Built Birdhouses and Feeders
- - Decorated Flower boxes, Birdhouses, Swings
Bloom is a fund-raiser to support Beloit RiverFront beautification projects. Entries are considered a donation to Friends of RiverFront and will be auctioned at a special event April 25, 2009.
Starting April 1, entries will be received Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at The Pump House – Friends of Riverfront – 1003 Pleasant Street, Beloit, WI 53511
Tuesday, April 21 will be the last day that entries will be accepted. ~Friends Of Riverfront
Bloom is a great event, a lot of fun and helps make all the things we enjoy down at the riverfront possible.
Well, there’s that and they’re also a wonderful bunch of folks. So create and donate something for the auction and/or come on out for the auction as well.
Hope to see you there.
This and other Friends of Riverfront events in the NPA Calendar.
More about Friends of RiverFront
Wine, Dine & Twist Your Spine!
A fundraising event for the Beloit Fine Arts Incubator.
- Saturday January 17th. 2009
- 6:00 PM to Midnight
- In the new Beloit College Science Hall
- $75 per person ($35/person is a tax deductible gift)
Live music by the Stateline Playboys, a significant collection of original works and rare artist’s proofs (did someone say Picasso, Dali, Chagall?).
And for the truly indulged we encourage to come dressed as your favorite artist or work of art. The BFAI staff is already working on their costumes.
Dinner catered by Peter Kraemer of Beloit College, dancing to the Stateline Playboys, an exceptional fine art exhibit, costumes (optional), silent auction, and more. Help support the arts, join us for the fun and an evening you won’t forget.
For tickets and information please contact Jerry or Connie Sveum at 608-362-5903. Reserve your place by Jan. 3 2009. Hurry, space is limited.
The Beloit Fine Arts Incubator is a 501c3 organization run entirely by volunteers. It’s mission is to provide resources to help emerging artists, offer community education and cultural events, and expand on the “Arts Center” theme. Any financial or volunteer support is always welcome.