Historic Home Owener’s Tax Credit
Have you heard about the “Historic Home Owner’s Tax Credit” program?
Interested to know what its about and how to take advantage of this significant benefit?
What if you could get a tax break on projects such as (but not limited to)…
- - Work on the exterior of your house, such as roof replacement and painting, but not including site work such as driveways and landscaping
- - Electrical wiring, not including electrical fixtures
- - Plumbing, not including plumbing fixtures
- - Mechanical systems, such as furnaces, air conditioning, and water heaters
- - Structural work, such as jacking up floors
Well, this month we’ be talking about tax benefits for those living within Beloit’s historic districts or individually landmarked homes. If you don’t live within the boundaries of the historic district you may be eligible to apply. If you’re not sure if you live within the gerrymandered borders of the districts we’ll help you find out if you are.
Joe DeRose from the Wisconsin State Historic Preservation Offices will be joining us to discuss what the tax advantages are, whats involved in taking advantage of these significant benefits as well as how to apply. Additionally, we hope to have some neighbors on hand who’ve actually taken advantage of this program.
We’re meeting this next Monday evening, June 22nd. 6:30 at bushel & pecks. (328 State St.)