From the Friends of Riverfront website.
The plein air painting workshops are held during the annual ArtWalk weekend. The instructors will set up in the skylit studio of the Wright Museum at Beloit College or, weather permitting, the open air of the campus or riverfront; both pastoral scenes with a backdrop of historic structures.
On both days sessions are offered in your choice of oil or watercolor instruction. Each full day session will include a 2 hour demonstration in the morning on how to select a subject, plan and execute a finished piece using color to display light. The afternoon will be devoted to applying the plein air style in either oil or watercolor. Instructors will be available to provide individual help each afternoon. So bring your preferred painting medium and canvas and be prepared for prevailing weather conditions. Lunch will be provided.
Friday, April 24:
- 1-6pm – Sneak Preview & Silent Auction Begins
Saturday, April 25th:
- 10:00am – Free Seminar – Master Gardener, Glenn Erickson, “Planters that Pop!”
- 11:00am – Free Seminar – “Compost Happens”
- 5:00-6:00pm – Meet the Artists Reception and Silent Auction.
- 6:00pm – Live Auction
- 8:00pm – Stay, visit, dance…
You know Friends of RiverFront. The same folks that bring us…
- - Plein Air – Edge of the rock painting events (workshops, exhibits and more)
- - Music at Harry’s Place – Friday evenings, outdoors in the pavilion throughout the summer
- - Dancing at Harry’s Place – Monday evenings, outdoors in the pavilian through the summer
- - Saturdays in the Park – Varied community events and entertainment to bring folks together
- - Movies in the Park – Big screen movies outdoors along the riverfront
…along with countless hours of volunteer time and effort planting and maintaining the park’s gardens for all of us to enjoy.
Bloom is their fund-raiser auction to support Beloit riverfront beautification projects.
Nature lovers, Artists, Artisans, and crafters are invited to participate by designing or building garden inspired art.
- - Original Nature Inspired Art: Paintings, Quilts, Jewelry
- - Original Garden Art: Bench, Trellis, Chimes, Pots
- - Original Designed/Built Birdhouses and Feeders
- - Decorated Flower boxes, Birdhouses, Swings
Bloom is a fund-raiser to support Beloit RiverFront beautification projects. Entries are considered a donation to Friends of RiverFront and will be auctioned at a special event April 25, 2009.
Starting April 1, entries will be received Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at The Pump House – Friends of Riverfront – 1003 Pleasant Street, Beloit, WI 53511
Tuesday, April 21 will be the last day that entries will be accepted. ~Friends Of Riverfront
Bloom is a great event, a lot of fun and helps make all the things we enjoy down at the riverfront possible.
Well, there’s that and they’re also a wonderful bunch of folks. So create and donate something for the auction and/or come on out for the auction as well.
Hope to see you there.
This and other Friends of Riverfront events in the NPA Calendar.
More about Friends of RiverFront